Terms & Conditions
By accessing and using the GreenEnergy.Market website, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions. A user of our site may be a buyer, a seller or someone simply browsing our listings and/or articles. It is important that all users understand and comply with these terms in order to use any of Green Energy Market's services.
About Green Energy Market
Green Energy Market is an online platform where you can find products related to electrical power generation, storage and management. Users are free to list their items and place bids for sale and/or purchase and understand that Green Energy Market has no involvement in any aspect of the transactions, other than introducing the parties to each other.
The information available on Green Energy Market is purely for informational purposes and you are free to use it or not. This could include, but is not limited to, pricing information, advice and recommendations, newsletters and blogs, articles and reviews and authenticity and reviews.
Although Green Energy Market provides a platform for sellers to list their items, the company has no control over and does not guarantee the condition, authenticity, or any other aspect of such items or the buyer or sellers abilities or intent to complete a valid transaction.
1. Using Green Energy Market
By accessing or using GreenEnergy.Market, you agree not to:
- Violate or aim to work around any laws, rights of third-parties or our security policies.
- Use our platform or services if you are under 18 or otherwise legally unable to enter into a legally binding contract.
- bid on an item knowing you are unable to pay for it immediately or upon receipt or fail to pay for an item without evidenced agreement of the seller.
- list on an item knowing you are unable to supply it immediately or upon receipt of payment or fail to supply the item as described without evidenced agreement of the buyer.
- Bid on or otherwise attempt to prejudice any other sellers’ items listings in any way.
- use any misleading content or deceptive description in your listing, or post defamatory, or libelous content.
- do anything to mislead or prejudice any review, comment of feedback systems.
- use any messaging systems on our site for anything other than its core purpose of successfully concluding a transaction in relation to a listing.
- share you log in details with any other party or transfer your account to them.
- send out unsolicited, bulk or spam communications of any from via or based upon information gleaned from our site.
- Offer any downloads or otherwise act to spread any type of computer virus, spyware or similar malicious technologies.
- gather, distribute, sell or otherwise share any data from our site without our express permission, including but not limited to product details, best sellers, prices, specifications, whether by manual copying or use of AI, robots, data scrappers or similar automated methods.
- do anything that may compromise the performance of our site including using auto-listing or commenting tools or enable any other automated web requests or attacks.
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights that belong to or are licensed to Green Energy Market.
- post any content not owned or created by you or infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your account with Green Energy Market if we suspect any type of misuse. This includes delaying or removing hosted content and cancelling any special status associated with your account.
We may terminate or reject any user account at our own discretion with no prior notice if it's inactive for an extended period of time, or has been unconfirmed. Furthermore, we reserve the right to cancel any account for any reason.
Listing of auction items for sale on the Green Energy Market site is free of initial charge. There are however options that are designed to increase the prominence of or highlight a listing. These fees must be paid at the time the listing is created and before a listing becomes live.
Optional Listing fees are always fixed amounts and can be found when you create a listing or on other parts of the website. These optional fees are never applied automatically and should be explicitly chosen by you.
The Optional Listing Upgrade fees need to be renewed each month and may include features such as (but not limited to)
- Featured Listing
- Bold Title
- Highlighted Listing
- Good 'til Cancelled
- On Sale
Final Sales Fee
We charge a 5% fee based on the final selling price of the item. This fee is due when the buyer makes an offer that the seller accepts. There is a minimum final sales fee of £25 which will apply to items priced below £500.
Listing and Final Value Fees are non-refundable, unless explicitly stated in this Terms and Conditions.
To make use of the GreenEnergy.Market platform, you are required to have an active payment method registered and make fee payments on or before the due date.
If payment is not received for fees due, all available means will be employed to collect it. Accounts that remain unpaid for more than 30 days will be automatically suspended and a reactivation fee of £10.00 may apply.
Should a seller attempt to avoid paying Green Energy Market's Seller Fees, their listings will be immediately terminated and Green Energy Market will pursue the seller through all legals means for full recovery of all fees due.
If your account is deactivated, revoked, or suspended, you may be able to apply to have it reinstated. However, an administrative fee or a maintenance fee might be required.
3. Rules for Everyone
It is important for all users of Green Energy Market, be they buyers or sellers, understand and abide by the rules. These rules have been established for your safety and to foster a trustworthy environment where transactions can take place.
Green Energy Market users are prohibited from:
- Interfering with the Green Energy Market website.
- signing up for additional user accounts in order to avoid limits or restrictions placed upon your original account. If you are unable to perform an action on your account or believe a restriction has been inappropriately applied, please contact us.
- Make untrue statements about or attempt to get another users’ account restricted or removed. If you suspect anyone has attempted this to you or any other user, please let us know immediately.
Green Energy Market users:
- must be at least 18 years old
- must not use false or misleading identities
- Must maintain valid contact information
- Must choose a user ID that
- does not reveal the identity of the user, any connected user or the business or other entity related to the user.
- Does not contain any URL, email or phone details
- Does not imitate or reference any other user
- Does not contain profane or unpleasant terms
- Does not reference any product or brand or infringe any third parties’ IP
- Does not contain or imply association to Green Energy Market
Rules about communicating with other Green Energy Market users
- Users must not use our messaging system
- for any form of solicitation
- for anything other than completing a valid transaction through our site
- to exchange any contact information, email address, social media contact, website address, QR code, hashtags, or links of any nature.
- for sending spam.
- to engage in threatening behaviour.
Green Energy Market's responsibilities
- your private information will not be shared, sold or given away to anyone without your express consent.
- Transcation data will remain confidential and is not shared with any third parties.
4. Rules for Sellers
Green Energy Market has set clear policies to ensure that everyone has a secure, fair and pleasant trading experience. As a seller, it's important that you understand these policies and the Terms and Conditions.
Green Energy Market sellers should do everything they can to provide a good experience for the buyers.
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and efficiently.
- send or arrange collection of items in a timely manner.
- Act in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ensure items delivered are completely as described in the listing or as otherwise agreed in writing with the buyer.
To ensure buyers have a consistent and effective buying experience and to increase your chances or a smooth sale, listings should;
- provided are accurate and up-to-date information about items
- Not contain contents that violates our listing polices and accept that listing that do so can be modified or removed without notice.
- All listings should include at least one image that is relevant to the item being sold. Picture should not identify the user or any person or business connected in anyway to the user.
- Good 'til Canceled listings will remain live for 30 days. After 30 days the listing may be canceled at our discretion.
- Good 'til Canceled listings stay active for 30 days. After that, they may be canceled without any prior notice at our sole discretion.
- Sellers will only solicit Second Chance Offers from a list of non-winning bidders from their own listings.
- Sellers can offer a Second Chance Offer to buyers who had previously bid but failed to win an auction for their listings. These buyers will be selected only from the list of non-winning bidders.
- Sellers may not list a promise for an item or any item that will be available at a future date or an 'advanced sale' of any kind.
- It is not permitted to list items that will be sold at a future date or pre-sales of any kind on an online marketplace. Sellers should be aware that offering such arrangements may lead to their accounts being suspended or terminated.
- Sellers are not allowed to include any terms or conditions in their item descriptions that conflict with Green Energy Market's current and future Terms and Conditions.
- Any listings created primarily for the benefit of anyone other than the seller are prohibited on Green Energy Market without prior approval.
Sellers are free to set the prices for their own items but agree not to;
- Manipulate the price of any item.
- Show alternative or conflicting pricing options in the description.
- List multi buy options or discounts in the item description.
- Create multiple listings and/or prices for the same item.
- Use low prices to attract attention and negotiate prices outside our platform.
Accepted payments policy
The responsibility for paying and receiving payment lies with the buyer and seller respectively and is not the responsibility of Green Energy Market in any way. We encourage user to use Escrow or similar services. The use of direct bank transfers, cash or other means should be considered carefully and we advise making such payments only when the goods have been been verified, accepted and delivered.
5. Rules for Buyers
We aim to maintain a fair and marketplace for both buyers and sellers. If you're a buyer, we ask that you review and understand our Terms and Conditions, before you bid on or buy an item.
Our policies are intended to:
- Comply with local laws and regulations
- Protect intellectual property rights
- Minimize risks to buyers and sellers
- Ensure that no one has an unfair advantage
When engaging in a purchase or exchange of an item, you must comply with the rules for buyers, which specify that:
- It's important to read and comprehend the entire item description before committing to a purchase or bidding for something. Make sure you've gone through it carefully.
- When your your offer is accepted, or you have the highest bid or your bid is otherwise accepted, you enter into a legally binding contract.
- GEM does not process any transfer of ownership from seller to buyer.
- It is your responsibility to stay up-to-date on Local laws and regulations when it comes to making purchases. Additionally, you must be aware of the rules surrounding buying, trading, and shipping any type of item to the address provided by the seller or to your own location.
Buying practices policy
GEM has set high standards for our sellers to provide excellent service and value and also protect them from buyers with questionable intentions. This helps ensure that all user of the GEM community have a safe, secure and rewarding online buying and selling experience.
This policy clarifies what is expected of buyers in terms of conduct and behaviour. If buyers fail to meet these standards, sellers are encouraged to report this as a concern.
Not paying for an item
When you put in a winning bid or clicked the "Buy it Now" option , or if the seller accepted your offer, you have legally committed to buying that item and have created a binding contract.
- It is important to respect the payment deadline set by sellers in order to secure their safe and prompt delivery. Payment must often be made within 48 hours or as determined by the seller in the item listing.
- Our policy strictly states that you must pay for any item you purchase, even if you have had a change of heart. If you do not do so, you are in violation of our terms and conditions and GEM will send an email notification informing you of this and a 'non-paying bidder' record will be added to your account. Failure to pay three times without prior approval will lead to the suspension of your account. Not fulfilling payments at any time can also result in automatic suspension. In order to reactivate your account after suspension, you will need to pay a £10.00 fee.
Making unreasonable demands
When you purchase any item, the terms and conditions mentioned in the listing by the seller will hold as long as they don’t conflict with our terms. As a buyer, you have a right to assume that the seller will meet their obligations with regards to payments, shipping and returns. In special circumstances, we give you the option to make reasonable and limited requests. However, sellers are not obligated to fulfil any requests that are outside of their terms.
We will not tolerate unreasonable or excessive demands. We strongly oppose any use of the threat of negative feedback in order to make demands on the seller.
- Request the seller accepts a delayed payment due to exceptional circumstances
- Request the use of an alternative shipping option specified in the listing
- Request the seller combines shipping for multiple purchases
- Request the use of a more expensive shipping option in order to receive the item quicker and offering to pay the extra shipping cost
- Requesting the return an item according to the seller's return policy
- Non Allowable Demands:
- Demanding or requesting an alteration to the shipping method or delivery location, other than those specified in the listing
- Using threat of negative feedback to demand or request a partial refund or discount not specified in the original listing.
- Demanding or requesting additional items or services outside of those specified in the listing
- Demanding or requesting a payment method or timing change to one not specified in the listing
Leaving inappropriate feedback
Feedback is an essential tool for letting other members know about your experiences with a seller, and we encourage you to be honest. However, we don't allow misuse of Feedback.
- Allowable Feedback:
- Leaving an appropriate comment reflecting your experience, be it positive, negative or neutral.
- Leaving low detailed seller ratings if the seller's performance doesn't meet your expectations.
- Non Allowable Feedback:
- Leaving Feedback containing comments containing unwarranted, obscene language, slander, insults, etc. or personally identifying data.
- Leaving negative or neutral feedback or low detailed seller ratings in the event a seller did not provide additional goods and services not specified in the original listing.
It is essential to make sure you know the return policy of a listing before making a purchase. We strongly suggest sellers include their return policy in their listings.
Ensure you understand the seller's return policy before initiating a return process. This may include requirements such as time limits, restocking fees and who pays for return shipping.
- Allowable Returns:
- Returning a faulty item or an item that wasn't as described in the listing
- Returning an item within the terms of the seller's return policy
- Non Allowable Returns:
- Returning an item other than the one originally delivered
- Not following the terms of the seller's return policy
- Not returning the item in the condition that it was sent to you
- Returning an item that has been damaged subsequent to delivery
- Falsely claiming an item isn't as described in the listing in order to circumvent a seller's return policy
- A pattern of purchasing items and receiving excessive refunds
It is illegal to request a seller to misrepresent an item as a gift on a customs form in order to avoid taxes or additional duties.
We may penalize buyers if we detect a pattern of excessive or invalid retractions of bids. Exceptional circumstances are the only valid reasons for withdrawing a bid. After intentionally bidding in an auction to reveal another user's reserve price or proxy bid, retractions will no longer be allowed.
Unwelcome and malicious buying
Any kind of fraudulent or deceitful buying activity, like bidding on an item without intending to purchase it or bypassing a seller's buyer criteria is strictly prohibited.
Payment should be made with one of our accepted payment methods. Sellers should take measures to ensure that payments are cleared before dispatching an item and notify us of any attempted fraud.
GEM require all members to keep their account information up to date. We take appropriate action if we discover our members have inaccurate or missing contact information or if they can't be contacted due to an invalid or otherwise unreachable email address.
6. Rules about bidding and paying
- GEM requires accurate contact details for all its buyers and sellers to enable them to communicate with each other and for GEM to remain in contact with its users.
- GEM provides the option of automated bidding. You'll be able to set a maximum bid which will remain confidential from other bidders. The system will make bid increments for you up to that specified amount.
- If you win any auction-style item on GEM, you have to pay the amount of money that you committed to. Thus, when participating in an auction-style format, it must be kept in mind that your bids are legally binding contracts - so make sure not to commit more than you can afford. Failing to pay for an item you've agreed to buy through the Buy It Now option can have negative consequences. It's important to be aware of these potential repercussions and keep them in mind before making any purchases.
- You should only bid if you intend to buy the item.
- It is against our policy and may violate the law in some places to bid on your own items.
- Exercise caution when placing bids on multiple items if you are only after one specific item. If you win an auction-style listing for more than one item, you need to purchase all of them, regardless of their similarity or duplication.
- Depending on certain scenarios, you may be able to retract a bid. For instance, if an incorrect amount was submitted accidentally, it can be retracted though you must bid your originally intended amount promptly. Bid retraction should never be used as a form of manipulation for the bidding process.
- Before bidding for a product, it's important to read the listing description carefully. This can help avoid potential issues and disagreements between buyers and sellers due to misunderstandings about what is being sold and the terms attached to it. It is important to pay attention to the listings when bidding or buying an item in order to make sure that you are able to meet all the requirements stated by the seller, such as country of residence or preferred payment method. Failing to do so may result in a failed transaction.
- You are not permitted to bid on an item for the purpose of artificially inflating its price or desirability.
- You must not buy items from someone with the purpose of boosting their Feedback score or helping them gain a better search presence.
7. Rules about Feedback
We strongly encourage all our users to provide honest feedback on each other as it is a great way to help our community grow. However, please note that we take misuse of Feedback seriously and do not tolerate any such behaviour.
- You must not attempt to blackmail a seller with negative Feedback if they don't do something not promised in the original listing.
- You must not demand reviews or feedback from buyers in exchange for discounts or other incentives.
- You must not post Feedback solely to influence a seller's Feedback If you leave feedback, it must be genuine and honest.
- You must not leave feedback comments that are inappropriate, vulgar, defamatory, insulting, etc. or any information that can help identify an individual.
- You must not deliberately leave low seller ratings or negative Feedback for other sellers who offer similar items as you.
- There is a 30-day window for leaving feedback. That time period may be increased by GEM under exceptional circumstances.
- It is important to be aware of and abide by all Feedback policies stated by us.
- If you are facing an issue with any seller, it is best to take positive and constructive steps to resolve any issues. Depending on the situation, you could approach your local consumer protection agencies or raise a dispute directly with the relevant seller.
- When handling transaction issues, it is important to approach the situation with a genuine intent and an honest attitude. This will help you ensure that your solutions are fair and effective.
Interfering with other people's transactions is not permitted and should not be attempted.
If you have a problem or issue with a buyer or seller, simply report it to us and our team would look into the matter.
8. Limitation of Liability
GEM offers a reliable platform with over 99% uptime, however, access to our services and their continuous operation is not guaranteed. Bidding updates and other notifications may on occasion be delayed sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control.
By accessing our services, you understand that you are doing so at your own risk and the services provided to you do not include any warranty. The use of these services is purely based on their availability. As per the laws applicable, we do not give any warranties or assurances explicit or implied. This includes but is not limited to, warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
To the greatest extent allowed by applicable law, we (including our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) are not accountable for any losses or damages.
You acknowledge that we are not liable for any damages caused due to, including but not limited to: monetary losses, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of profits, other intangible losses and indirect or special damages which can arise directly or indirectly from:
- Any content that you provide either directly or indirectly through the use of the service.
- your use of or your inability to use our services;
- pricing, shipping, format, or other guidance provided by GEM;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our services;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the GEM Terms and Conditions;
- bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any GEM service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our services
- delays or disruptions in our services
- the duration or manner in which your listing appear in search results; or
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour, or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this Terms and Conditions or our policies.
Depending on the jurisdiction you are in, certain disclaimers and exclusions of warranties or damages may not be applicable. It is important to check this with your legal advisors before proceeding.
When providing content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined above) you have in that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of the Services, in any media known now or developed in the future. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce against Green Energy Market, our assignees, our sublicensees, and their assignees your Intellectual Property Rights in that content in connection with our, those assignees', and those sublicensees' use of that content.
You represent and warrant that, for all such content you provide, you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to do so and to meet your obligations under this Agreement. You represent and warrant that such content is accurate. You represent and warrant that use of any such content (including derivative works) by us, our users, or others in contract with us, and in compliance with this Agreement, does not and will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. Green Energy Market takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content provided by you or any third party.
Green Energy Market owns various trademarks, service marks, logos, designs, and phrases which are used in connection with their services. To use them in any form or shape without prior written permission from Green Energy Market is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.
If you have a dispute with a user or group of users, you release us (including but not limited to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, damages and demands (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favour at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (including any affiliates and/or subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising from your breach of this Agreement, your improper use of Green Energy Market's site or services or your breach of any law or the rights of any third party.
13. Legal Disputes
Unless you and Green Energy Market agree otherwise, in the event that the Agreement to Arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Green Energy Market must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located within New York City, NY. You and Green Energy Market agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within New York City, NY for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
Arbitration is the general form of dispute resolution intended by this agreement, however you and Green Energy Market can mutually agree to an alternative option if deemed necessary. If the arbitration clause does not apply to either one of you or a particular claim raised, a court order may be issued as a result of the decision by an arbitrator.
By agreeing to the terms, you are consenting to having any potential claims or disputes that may arise between you and Green Energy Market be heard exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
As a user of our site, we ask you to refrain from attacking or criticizing our users, site, affiliates or subsidiaries. You agree to never disparage or defame any connected party at any time, in any form or medium, for any purpose.
Except as otherwise provided in this Terms and Conditions, should any provision of this Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the extent or scope of such Section. Our failure to act with respect to any breach does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all or any breaches of this Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the amended terms on GreenEnergy.Market. Our right to amend the Terms and Conditions includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the Terms and Conditions. Your continued access or use of our Services constitutes your acceptance of the amended terms.
If you create or use an account on behalf of a business entity, you represent that you are authorized to act on behalf of such business and bind the business to this Terms and Conditions. Such account is owned and controlled by the business entity. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchise relationship is created or intended by way of this Terms and Conditions.
Our Terms and Conditions and all terms and policies, which are accessible through our services, form the basis of the entire understanding between Green Energy Market and you. All prior understandings or agreements are superseded by this agreement.
Even after this Terms and Conditions has been terminated, certain sections shall continue to remain valid such as Fees, Content, Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Release, Indemnity, Legal Disputes and General.